Cronulla Triathlon Club is situated in the birthplace of triathlon in Australia. Our club has a rich history of past and present champions, and members who come together in a shared passion for triathlon and community spirit.
Our Club is built on values of HEALTH, FUN, COMMUNITY and RESPECT.
Welcome to Cronulla Triathlon Club.
CLUB NOTICES & UPDATES
Whilst we are not panicking, we have a commitment to ensuring the health of our members and community at Cronulla Triathlon Club amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Despite being in the lucky group of strong, fit and healthy individuals unlikely to be directly affected by COVID-19, in the interest of the greater community, the club will take some temporary measures to help reduce spread and transmission during this time.
Please note that public health directives are being updated on a daily basis. This is a rapidly evolving situation and there may be further alterations to the club’s schedule in due course. We will inform you of any important changes as the need arises.
There are many ways we can support each other and continue to #trainracebelong in a safe way.
Here is a link to the Return to Training Guidelines.
– avoid hand shakes, hugs, high fives
– please do not share drinks, towels, clothing etc
– please do not attend any club event if you have cold or flu like symptoms
– please do not attend any club event if you have travelled overseas in the last 14 days
– if you have a medical conditions that puts you at risk, we strongly suggest you don’t attend club events for now
– if you, a family member or close contact has been diagnosed with coronavirus please do not attend any event (even if you are well) until you have seen out your isolation period as per the NSW Health Dept Guidelines
– do the usual things you usually do to keep yourself healthy and well including good nutrition, sleep, getting outdoors in non-crowded places for some exercise
With regards to our training schedule:
1. Wednesday night runs will resume on the 17th June with the following staggered start times;
– Juniors will commence at 6:00pm under the normal winter supervision guidelines
– A Pack will commence at 6:15
– B Pack will commence at 6:30
Please assemble between 5-10min before your start time so as to ensure we comply with mandatory restrictions
– the clubhouse will be out-of-bounds until further notice.
– we suggest maintaining a ‘safe zone’ whilst running
– hand sanitiser will be available for use at the beginning and end of the session, but if you have your own it’s a good idea to bring it
Here are some other general tips for training:
– swimming in chlorinated pools is thought to be safe (from what we currently know the virus doesn’t survive in water). Bookings are currently required for Sutherland and Sans Souci pools. Ocean and river baths are available for use.
– consider a Zwift date with your mates -> avoid lots of people shoulder to shoulder in a room, spread out or each set up at home
– gyms are probably best avoided, if you must use a gym go in off peak times, use a towel and wipe down all equipment after use
– consider running at the track/park/sandhills where you can easily space out if running in groups -> get creative with some interval sets
– this is very good mental preparation for when things don’t go to plan in races -> learning to be mentally adaptable is a huge part of success in athletic performance!
Cronulla Triathlon Club offer a variety of weekly training sessions for all abilities. We also work with a number of local coaching providers who can tailor specific training programs to suit your training and racing needs.START TRAINING
Cronulla Triathlon Club hold a variety of club races throughout the summer and winter season to keep members fit, race ready and having fun all year round. Come and race with us and feel the community spirit.ENTER NOW
Cronulla Triathlon Club is a supportive, family orientated community of like-minded people. Our Club is rich in history being the first club to form in Australia in 1981. Be a part of something
CTC in Action
Cronulla Triathlon Club offer a variety of weekly training sessions for all abilities. We also work with a number of local coaching providers who can tailor specific training programs to suit your training and racing needs.