Summer Training (October – March)
The main triathlon racing season runs between October to March each year – with our main Junior training running throughout the season, with a break for Christmas school holidays.
There are two key weekly training sessions for all Juniors:
Monday – Bike + Run + Transition Training
- Sutherland Cycle Track, Rawson Avenue, Sutherland
- Juniors 5 to 12 years – 4:30 – 5:30pm
- Seniors 12+ – 5:30 – 6:30pm
Wednesday – Swim + Run + Transition Training
- Cronulla Triathlon Club House, Gunnamatta Pavilion, Nicholson Parade, Cronulla
- All Juniors – 6:15pm for a 6:30pm start
** Note this session is also split into Junior and Senior groups.
Saturday – Seniors Open Water (conditions permitting)
- South Cronulla Beach (maybe moved to alternate locations based on surf conditions) – generally Gunnamatta, Kurnell or Sutherland pool
- Seniors 12+ – 9:30am
Summer Club Racing (October – March)
Club Triathlon (swim + bike + run)
The club hosts a monthly triathlon for all members, with distances for all Junior age categories. The swim is done at Sutherland Leisure Centre, with the bike and run done at the Sutherland Cycling Track. It is a great safe environment for our Juniors to hone their triathlon skills and build their confidence in the sport.
Club Aquathlon (swim + run)
The club also hosts a monthly Aquathlon, alternating between Friday night and Saturday morning. The swim is held inside the Gunnamatta baths netted area, followed by a run around Gunnamatta Park. There are distances for all Juniors.
Club Racing Point Score
- Athletes must be financial members of Cronulla Triathlon Club for the 21/22 Season.
- Athletes must take part in a minimum of 3 club races to be eligible for the point score
- Races include Triathlon and Aquathlon races over the summer season
The Richie Walker Aquathlon will be a double points race
- Athletes must compete within their age category. Athletes who chose to race up are not eligible for performance points outside their category. They will receive one participation point.
- Points will be awarded for 1st (4 points), 2nd (3 points) and 3rd (2 points) with 1 point awarded for all other participants in the category.
For more information about our Junior Program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, contact one of our Junior Coaches, Erica Galea on 0409 021 973.