Stu Ford Memorial Challenge
15 October 2022
Governor Game lookout
In honour of Stu Ford, the Cronulla Triathlon Club will be holding a charity event in lieu of the Everesting Challenge that Stu had planned for his 50th Birthday. Stu’s three chosen charities are The Heart Foundation, Love Mercy and The Black Dog Institute.
This event will involve a maximum of 12 teams, cycling the Garie Beach hill a total of 46 times, thus accumulating an altitude gain of 8,848 metres, which is the equivalent of conquering Mount Everest. Teams will form a relay and can be made up of 1 to 46 members. ONLY ONE rider per team can be on the course during the challenge, at any given time throughout the day.
What you need to do
- Organise a team, elect a Team Captain and decide on a team name. You also have the option to enter as an individual and do all 46 climbs solo. The Team Captain is to email the team name to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be added to the online registration.
- Once your team name is registered, each rider will then need to log back in here, register below, and pay the $50 registration donation.
- If you are having trouble finding or joining a team, contact email@example.com and we will assist in placing you within a team.
When you have registered, you will receive an email with a link to the fundraising page, providing links to Stu’s three nominated charities. To support you in doing the challenge, we encourage you to fundraise by asking friends, family and colleagues to make a donation to the charity of their choice.
- Team entries close on Monday 4th October.
- Rider entries close on Monday 10th October.
The event will be organised at zero profit thus all proceeds will be paid to the charities via donations. If you have any questions relating to registration or maximising fundraising please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you can’t ride or would like to volunteer for the event, register by clicking here.
|5:00 am||PARK GATES OPENED||NPWS|
|5:05 am||VOLUNTEER CHECK-IN & BRIEF||Volunteers||Governor Game lookout|
|5:00 am - 6:30 am||EVENT SETUP||Volunteers|
|5:15 am||REGISTRATION/CHECK-IN OPENS||Riders||Governor Game lookout|
|5:30 am||TEAMS START AT 1 MIN INTERVALS||Riders||Governor Game lookout|
|9:00 am - 10:00 am||WALK, TALK & LOVE||Walkers||Garawarra Farm Carpark|
|11:00 am - 11:45 am||EVENT CEREMONY||All||Governor Game lookout|
|8:30 pm||EVENT FINISH||Governor Game lookout|
|8:00 pm - 8:55 pm||EVENT PACK DOWN||Volunteers|
|9:00 pm||PARK GATES CLOSED||NPWS|
For all the information about this event please review the INFORMATION GUIDE.
Mobile users: If registering on your phone, rotate to landscape.