About our race
This race is dedicated to the memory of Richie Walker, a promising Cronulla Triathlon Club member who tragically and suddenly passed due to a heart attack during a race in Tamworth. The race is organised and run by volunteers, and the Cronulla Triathlon Club is a not-for-profit organisation that is committed to creating an opportunity for athletes of all abilities to compete against one another in a fun, organised and safe environment. The races also provide professional-level results catering to those looking to improve their best time, however all participants who give it their best on the day are celebrated. All profits are donated in Richie’s name to The Heart Foundation assisting their research into the causes and cures of heart disease http://www.heartfoundation.org.au/. To date over $100,000 has been donated through the RWA.
2021 RACE UPDATES
If you go to our Quest Cronulla Beach website to book your rooms with the promotion code below:
15% off our Best Flexible online Rate.
Cronulla Triathlon Club Promotion Code is: CTCRW1
Given the current global pandemic, in order to prevent the unnecessary spread of COVID-19 we ask that you:
- Do not attend if feeling unwell, non-essential spectators advised not to attend
- Use hand sanitiser prior to entering transition
- Practice social distancing at all times while at the event
- Keep cough covered (use arm or fabric)
- Do not share equipment
- Competitor registration as well as competitor swim/run transition during the event will adhere to public access space guidelines
- All competitors and volunteers encouraged to download the COVIDSafe app
- Competitors encouraged to “turn up, race, go home”
- Race chips (for electronic timing) will be sanitised before and after use
- Where possible, participants should avoid carpools with people from different household groups
- Where practical, participants should shower/change at home if possible.
- Participants to bring their own water bottle, snacks/orange slices and sweat towels. Avoid shared food and drinks.
STAY TUNED – REGO OPENING FOR 2021 RACE MID NOV 2020!
Given the distance requirement by TA competition rules, and the age requirements of ITU competition rules, the below interpretation and categorisation of athlete ages and distances complies with both rule books and our objective of offering ITU Youth A Youth B & ITU Junior state championship titles to the list of age group awards presented at this event. The race director will be in contact with those affected, and if you have any questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.
Ages calculated as of 31 Dec 2020
Age groups have been extended past ITU rulings to allow flexibility, however only ITU age ranges will be considered for ITU awards (i.e. Youth B: 11-12 y.o.).
|Youth C||7-9||100m (*see map)||750m (*see map)|
|ITU Youth B||10-12 (only 11-12 ITU)||250m (2 lengths)||1.6km (1 lap)|
|ITU Youth A||13-15 (only 13-14 ITU)||500m (4 lengths)||3.3km (2 lap)|
|ITU Junior||15-18||1000m (long course)||5km (3 lap)|
|Open||19+||1000m (long course)||5km (3 lap)|
|Enticer||16+||500m (4 lengths)||3.3km (2 lap)|
|Team (Female)||16+||1000m (long course)||5km (3 lap)|
|Team (Male)||16+||1000m (long course)||5km (3 lap)|
|Team (Mixed)||16+||1000m (long course)||5km (3 lap)|
We’re excited to announce that we will be providing the following money awards:
1st M/F Open: $200
2nd M/F Open: $100
3rd M/F Open: $50
1st Male Team: $100
1st Female Team: $100
1st Mixed Team: $100
This year we’re implementing (like other races in the area) a green initiative to encouraging less waste by re-using your own favourite swimming cap.
If competitors and participants don’t have their own swim cap, or you forget to bring your own, we do have swim caps for sale upon registration and at the event. Proceeds of any swim cap sales will also be donated to the Heart Foundation.
Important: For water safety reasons, swim caps are still compulsory for each event. It is preferable that you bring a swim cap that is high-vis